Sunday, January 2, 2011

Breakfast



















My favorite meal is, by far, breakfast. I love waking up in the morning, and, starting out my day with something yummy, that makes me feel good about the day ahead of me. Weekend breakfasts are my absolute favorite, due to the fact that you can wake up in your jammies, turn on some cartoons, grab some coffee, and have the time to really make a great meal.
I am a huge omelet lover, and, have always worked at, and strived toward perfecting them. Yesterday, I started off 2011 with a new outlook on the omelet, due to my friend Pat ( hi Pat) making me an absolutely delicious, very simplistic "french style,"omelet. Now, being the girl that crams anything in the fridge into her omelet, I was very impressed with this basic style omelet, consisting on only eggs, and fresh herbs. It was amazing! So amazing in fact that I woke up this morning, with the goal of attempting a similar dish myself. Now, I did use some tomato, and, actually, in place of fresh herbs, used some homemade chimichurri sauce ( stolen from Pat's house), and, it was delicious. When paired with a bloody mary, by far, a top ten meal. I am not even going to bother posting a recipe, because, we all know the basics of an omelet. I will however say, be sure to use only tiny amounts of liquid to beat your eggs. Half and half, or yogurt are the best. It will keep the egg light and fluffy. Also, any type of fold is fine, as long as you firm a pocket, and, keep in mind the egg is normally ready to be folded, when you see the edge turning a lighter color, or, your center starts to bubble heavily. So, go ahead, make yourself an omelet, and, keep it simple. You'll be so pleasantly surprised with the outcome, and, how just a few strong herbs and spices, can replace a mound of cheese, onions, mushrooms, or whatever, and make you feel much lighter, and better about what you just ate!

Loose Bloody Mary-

I call this the Loose Bloody Mary, due to the fact that, this is one of those drinks that can be made in 1000 different ways, this is just the way a like to make it. Any spices, hot sauce, or mixes will do. I have made them 100% from scratch, with V8, or with pre-made bloody mary mix, but, this was by far my favorite variety. Cheers.

6oz spicy bloody mary mix (we got one flavored with horseradish)
4oz absolute vodka
1 tablespoon Tapatio hot sauce
2 grinds fresh black pepper
1 pinch of sea salt
Chopped celery stalk

Mix all ingredients over ice, plop in celery, and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment